- Covestro signs first major renewable energy agreement for its US operations
- Toyochem constructs new pilot facility for high-performance polymers in Japan
- Omya extends lightweight fillers portfolio with the acquisition of Bublon
- USA’s Brightland Homes selects PPG as exclusive paint provider for new home builds
- SABIC and global chemical companies sign agreement with TNO for R&D hub for plastic w...
BASF received General Motors'(GM) Supplier of the Year Award for the 10th time in the past 13 years. The award was presented to Joe Schmondiuk, Vice President of Global Accounts BASF Corporation, during GM’s annual awards ceremony at Cobo Center in Detroit, USA. "BASF is pleased to have once again earned this recognition from GM," said Schmondiuk. "It demonstrates the great commitment and capability of our team to offer the innovative solutions that GM needs. We view GM as a key partner in the automotive industry and are pleased that we were able to support them on several key product launches in 2014."
BASF’s Coatings division supports GM by combining modern paint processes with special effect pigments and technologies. BASF offers a broad array of colour solutions and processes that enable car makers to improve productivity and environmental performance.
"These companies are the best-of-the-best suppliers and deserving of special recognition for their outstanding contributions,” said Steve Kiefer, GM VP, Global Purchasing and Supply Chain. "We have had some good ‘wins’ of late, solid sales, strong earnings and some nice awards and you should know that we could not have accomplished any of it without you and your teams and your hard work.”
GM’s Supplier of the Year programme began in 1992 and each year a global team of purchasing, engineering, quality, manufacturing and logistics executives determine the winners of the Supplier of the Year Award. Winners represent ‘World Class’ performance leaders in the areas of quality, technology, price and service.