- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
GEO Specialty Chemicals Inc has entered into an agreement with BASF to acquire the Bisomer monomer business (hydroxy methacrylates, multifunctional methacrylates (MFM) and speciality adducts) and conventional contact lens business of Cognis UK.
The transaction includes a manufacturing facility in Hythe, UK that produces hydroxy methacrylates, MFM and speciality adducts, polyalkylene glycols (PAG) and PAG-based lubricants. Approximately 140 employees are expected to transfer to the new owner, GEO Specialty Chemicals UK Limited.