- Graphene coating improves energy efficiency of carbon
- PPG launches primer series for high-performance corrosion protection
- PPG appoints Devashish Saxena as Vice President and Chief Digital Officer
- Venator completes acquisition of European TiO2 paper laminates business from Tronox
- The new Parsum IPP-80 in-line particle sizing probe: robust, trouble free granulation moni...
GEO Specialty Chemicals Inc has entered into an agreement with BASF to acquire the Bisomer monomer business (hydroxy methacrylates, multifunctional methacrylates (MFM) and speciality adducts) and conventional contact lens business of Cognis UK.
The transaction includes a manufacturing facility in Hythe, UK that produces hydroxy methacrylates, MFM and speciality adducts, polyalkylene glycols (PAG) and PAG-based lubricants. Approximately 140 employees are expected to transfer to the new owner, GEO Specialty Chemicals UK Limited.