- Vattenfall and BASF to partner on German offshore wind farms Nordlicht 1 and 2
- AkzoNobel Powder Coatings partners with coatingAI to explore new frontiers in sustainabili...
- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
With an application temperature of 100°C, Technomelt Supra 100 Cool from Henkel is the new record-holder among hotmelt adhesives used in the packaging industry. Combined with the benefits of the proven Supra product range, this Henkel innovation delivers higher efficiency in packaging production, while also promoting sustainability in customer operations.
The ongoing drive toward high bond quality, high yield and long-term availability is getting more important in packaging production. In addition to its low application temperature and its high adhesive strength, Technomelt Supra 100 Cool is also characterised by its wide-ranging suitability in case sealing, carton closing and tray erection.
Production trials carried out by consumer goods manufacturers throughout Europe have demonstrated that the low application temperature reduces the energy requirement compared to conventional hotmelts by up to 50%. Technomelt Supra 100 Cool is, like all products of the Technomelt Supra line, suitable for application in the food industry.
A further plus offered is its good heat resistance and cold flexibility, which enables its use for both warm-filling and deep-freeze applications. Compared to Coolmelt Ultra 90 from Henkel, this hotmelt reduces adhesive consumption – in the case of a carton sealing, for example – by up to 25%.