- Focus on sustainability: allnex’s scope 3.1. emission reduction target of 30% by 203...
- Do more for less with Intelli-ion®: Elevating anti-corrosion coatings with low loadings
- Innovative polycarbonates for lighting and building technology
- Maximising corrosion protection and preservation at grease points
- PPG to review strategic alternatives for architectural coatings business in the USA and Ca...
Heubach Colorants India Ltd, a leading producer of pigments and pigment preparations, will be investing in renewable energy projects to power its sites in Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu. Upon commercialisation of these projects, more than 65% of the energy for its Roha and Cuddalore sites will be supplied by renewable sources. The investment process is expected to close after customary reviews in the coming weeks.
Bharath Sesha, Managing Director of Heubach Colorants India Limited, said: “Heubach Colorants India Ltd is well aligned with India’s net-zero carbon emissions goal, and we are committed to powering our growth through renewable sources of energy. Both of our projects are expected to start commercial operations by September 2023 and will aid in reducing our manufacturing carbon emissions by more than 12 tons per year.”
The Heubach group is committed to various initiatives to achieve its sustainability goals and transition to sustainable manufacturing. Thomas Lindner, Head of Sustainability Heubach Group, states: “The production of pigments and preparations is particularly energy intensive. Therefore, the increase in energy efficiency and the switch to renewable energies is one of our top priorities. Our Indian hybrid energy and solar projects are a great step toward reaching our sustainability goals.”
Responsible management and sustainability are key to the Heubach Group. Many of the company’s products make an important contribution to resource conservation because they significantly extend the life of materials and outdoor structures.