- Vattenfall and BASF to partner on German offshore wind farms Nordlicht 1 and 2
- AkzoNobel Powder Coatings partners with coatingAI to explore new frontiers in sustainabili...
- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
INEOS Enterprises has announced that it has agreed to purchase Sasol Solvents Germany GmbH, one of Europe’s leading solvent manufacturers. The acquisition, which is conditional on approval by the relevant competition authorities, comprises production facilities in Germany, based at Herne and Moers, employing around 520 people.
The facility at Herne, in Germany’s industrial Ruhr district, manufactures ethanol and isopropyl alcohol, as well as catalysts for both processes. The Moers site, on the Lower Rhine, produces oxygenated solvents isopropyl alcohol (IPA) and secondary butyl alcohol (SBA), which is upgraded into methyl ethyl ketone (MEK). The plant also produces plasticisers, synthetic resins and fine chemicals; such as alkyl chlorides and aluminium organic compounds.