- JBP reinforces its reputation as a leader within the sustainable paint industry in Thailan...
- PPG’s New Paint for a New Start transforms 27 schools worldwide with colourful makeovers
- BASF broadens its Monomers Portfolio and launches bio-based 2-Octyl Acrylate
- Lanxess and Tennants: Cooperation for enhanced industrial plant hygiene
- PPG’s New Paint for a New Start initiative transforms school for children with autis...
In the first four months of 2012 the Jotun Group recorded operating revenues of NOK3784M (US$635.7M), up from NOK3482M (US$584.9M) yr-on-yr. The group’s profit for the period rose to NOK295M, (US$49.5M) from NOK261M (US$43.8M) yr-on-yr.
Key operational highlights included: Sales growth in all four divisions; excellent results for paints division in the Middle East and South East Asia; improved results for the divisions Dekorativ and Powder Coatings; reduced results in Coatings division; gross margin improved.
All Jotun’s four divisions reported higher operating income during the period. Strong sales growth in the Paints, the group’s second largest in terms of revenues, was driven by robust performances in Saudi Arabia, Oman, UAE, Pakistan, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand.