- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
Jotun Powder Coatings has revealed that ‘The Cool Shades Collection’, a collection of energy-saving and environmentally friendly powder coatings formulated to reduce the temperature of aluminium building components that are exposed to the sun, has helped in consolidating its strong commitment towards sustainability.
Since its launch in 2010, the collection has become a testament to the company’s efforts to assist the industry in the move to promote sustainability, developing key solutions that cut down on energy costs.
The unique feature of the ‘The Cool Shades Collection’ is attributed to its use of heat management pigment technology, which reflects infrared energy from sunlight and keeps coated surfaces cooler, while at the same time still absorbing visible light energy to retain colour vibrancy.