- LANXESS invests Euro 20M in aromatics network
- EU round up – New EU nanotech committee established by ECHA
- Clariant increases net income on improved margins in Q2
- Akzo Nobel India records growth in all segments in Q3
- Advanced Zircotec coating cools Aston Martin V12 Zagatos at arduous Nürburgring 24 Hours
Speciality chemicals company Lanxess has completed the acquisition of Itibanyl Produtos Especiais Ltda (IPEL).
The competent anti-trust authorities approved the transaction beginning of January.
IPEL, with headquarters in Jarinu, São Paulo, is one of Brazil’s leading biocide manufacturers and generated sales in the lower double-digit million euro range in 2018.
With the acquisition, Lanxess is strengthening its position as one of the world’s leading manufacturers of antimicrobial active ingredients and formulations.
In addition to around 100 employees and the production facility, Lanxess has taken over the Brazilian company’s laboratory facilities.
IPEL generates the majority of its sales with biocides and speciality chemicals for the paint and coating industry.
The product portfolio also includes preservatives and fungicides for process control in water treatment, as well as active ingredients for disinfection and cleaning agents.