- IMCD appoints Dorthe Mikkelsen as member of the Supervisory Board
- EkoCure® Dual Cure ink puts Flint Group and All4Labels on shared path to success
- Advancion launches new multifunctional etheramine for waterborne industrial coatings syste...
- IMCD China enters the lubricants market with the acquisition of Guangzhou RBD Chemical
- AkzoNobel and Kansai Paint mutually agree not to proceed with African transaction
The global paints and coatings production industry is moving away from the developed regions such as Europe and the USA to developing economies such as China, India and other Asian nations.
BCC Research’s report, Global Markets and Advanced Technologies for Paints and Coatings, valued the market for paints and coatings at US$111.2bn in 2012 and projects the market to reach US$116.9bn in 2013. The report expects total market value to reach US$141bn in 2018, after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate of 3.8%.