- USA’s Brightland Homes selects PPG as exclusive paint provider for new home builds
- SABIC and global chemical companies sign agreement with TNO for R&D hub for plastic w...
- Covestro tackles maximum efficiency in urban mobility
- PPG opens US$30M battery pack application centre in China
- PPG opens Color Creation Lab with Chery Automobile in China
The Supervisory Board of Covestro has agreed on an amicable retirement of Patrick Thomas as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) effective May 31, 2018.
Mr Thomas’ contract as CEO would have originally ended on September 30, 2018.
In May 2017, Mr Thomas informed the Supervisory Board that he would not be available for a further term beyond 2018.
The Supervisory Board appointed Dr Markus Steilemann as Thomas’ successor as CEO.
Thomas has been CEO of Covestro and its predecessor, Bayer MaterialScience, since 2007.
Prior to that, he held various positions across the chemicals industry.