- Vattenfall and BASF to partner on German offshore wind farms Nordlicht 1 and 2
- AkzoNobel Powder Coatings partners with coatingAI to explore new frontiers in sustainabili...
- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
Michelman has introduced Michem Wood Release 1117A, a mould release agent used in the production of pMDI-based oriented strand board and linear strand lumber. It produces a low COF interaction that allows the wood to release cleanly from the press plate, while producing a lighter coloured board with reduced buildup.
Michem 1117A resists transfer from the wood fibre to the process, virtually eliminating process slip issues, while increasing productivity. It also exhibits minimal nasal irritation compared to other soap-based products. It is easily dilutable with water and can be applied by spraying over the fibre mat, board caul or press plate.
Michelman has been serving the needs of the wood fibre composites industry for more than a decade.