- IMCD appoints Dorthe Mikkelsen as member of the Supervisory Board
- EkoCure® Dual Cure ink puts Flint Group and All4Labels on shared path to success
- Advancion launches new multifunctional etheramine for waterborne industrial coatings syste...
- IMCD China enters the lubricants market with the acquisition of Guangzhou RBD Chemical
- AkzoNobel and Kansai Paint mutually agree not to proceed with African transaction
- Mowilex is working with Habitat for Humanity Indonesia, the National Carpentry Council and the Vocational Training Centre to support a Tukang (craftsman) certification.
- The three-year programme will provide job skills and economic opportunities for 210 participants.
- Mowilex is investing funds, donating paint and providing volunteers for the programme.
PT Mowilex Indonesia (Mowilex), a leading producer of premium paints and wood coatings, is partnering with Habitat for Humanity Indonesia, the National Carpentry Council, and the Vocational Training Centre on a three-year programme to certify highly qualified Tukang (craftsmen).
Habitat for Humanity funding supports the programme that will train 210 low-income participants from Indonesia’s Tangerang Regency, including painters, applicators and other beginner construction workers. Mowilex is donating funds, paint and volunteer hours, while the Vocational Training Centre is leading classroom sessions. The National Carpentry Council will oversee on-the-job training experiences and award an applicators’ certification to students who successfully complete the 10-day training.
The investment will bring much-needed professionals to the industry. The Ministry of Public Works and Housing (PUPR) says fewer than 1M of Indonesia’s 8.3M building tradespeople are certified. Certification makes workers more competitive in a global marketplace. It also opens job opportunities that help low-income workers achieve financial independence.
The Asia Pacific Coatings Show opens in style in Bangkok, welcoming the international paint and coatings industry
“Habitat for Humanity is a global leader that helps families attain the stability and independence they need to build better lives, and Mowilex is honoured to be selected as their partner in this project. Together with the National Carpentry Council and the Vocational Training Centre, we are educating young people for gainful employment. As this programme improves overall paint application quality, it also lifts people out of poverty and benefits entire communities,” says Niko Safavi, CEO of PT Mowilex Indonesia (pictured above, speaking at the recent 2023 Asia Pacific Coatings Show).
“We know that in Indonesia, the number of certified construction workers is still small. The implementation of this certified training programme is an effective step. In addition to supporting the government to produce skilled construction workers to build better houses, this training is expected to increase the workers’ income in the future. We appreciate Mowilex’s support in launching this training programme,” said Susanto Samsudin, National Director of Habitat for Humanity Indonesia.
The first nine days of training explore theory and practice. On day 10, participants take a related certification exam. The certification equips builders and applicators with the knowledge to construct sturdy commercial and residential structures that meet the standards of building material manufacturers.