- Berger Paints celebrates centennial year with record sales
- Nouryon signs its first power purchase agreement for an onsite solar project in the US
- Consistently sustainable: Updated method published for entire BASF product portfolio
- BCF calls for greater urgency on REACH impasse, warning of irreparable damage to UK manufa...
- BASF celebrates 10 years of its Northeast Research Alliance in the US
AkzoNobel has appointed Daniela Vlad as Managing Director of AkzoNobel Industrial Coatings. Daniela will lead the strategic direction across a diverse product portfolio, including Coil and Extrusion Coatings, Packaging Coatings, Wood Finishes and Wood Adhesives. She brings a wealth of experience and expertise, having joined AkzoNobel from Philips in 2019. Since then, she’s held a variety of key leadership positions within its coatings businesses, having previously led the Automotive (OEM) and Aerospace activities. During the last four years, Daniela successfully led Powder Coatings through the company’s 15 by 20 journey and subsequently implemented an accelerated growth strategy under Grow & Deliver.
"I’m both proud and delighted to be leading such a diverse business as Industrial Coatings,” she said. "Its various activities cover a wide-ranging industry and product portfolio. As well as helping customers keep garage doors and building facades protected and beautiful, we also coat 50% of all beverage cans, keep kitchens beautiful, wooden floors protected and hold wooden roof beams together. "It’s incredible to see just how far our products and services reach and how committed our team is in helping our customers. I’m really excited to have joined such a talented team and look forward to leading the business into a new era of progress and development.”