- PPG completes Colorful Communities project in Shildon, UK
- ITN Business and IChemE launch news-style programme, ‘Engineering a Sustainable World’
- Graphene nanotubes revolutionise protective film technology: ultrathin, permanently conduc...
- AkzoNobel graduates first engineers from its training programme
- AkzoNobel and China’s Wuxi El Pont exploring use of electron beams to cure coatings
Archroma announced its official launch on October 1 as a newly formed global colour and speciality chemicals company that comprises the former Textile Specialties, Paper Solutions and Emulsion Products businesses of Clariant. Combined into a single entity, Archroma will continue to deliver specialised performance and colour solutions to the coatings, adhesives, textile, paper and construction industries.
The three businesses were acquired by SK Capital Partners, a USA-based private investment firm with a disciplined focus on the speciality materials, chemicals and healthcare sectors.
To be led by CEO Alexander Wessels, the newly recruited senior leadership team will seek to generate a renewed sense of purpose and vision and will work closely with the current heads of the three businesses acquired from Clariant.
Archroma will be headquartered in Switzerland along with the management team of Archroma’s paper solutions business.
The textile specialities business will be managed from Singapore and the emulsion products business from Brazil.
Pronounced Ahr-kroh-mah, the name of the company is reminiscent of the words ‘arch’ and ‘chroma’. The new company has 3000 employees, based in 35 countries and 25 production sites.