- Do more for less with Intelli-ion®: Elevating anti-corrosion coatings with low loadings
- Innovative polycarbonates for lighting and building technology
- Maximising corrosion protection and preservation at grease points
- PPG to review strategic alternatives for architectural coatings business in the USA and Ca...
- UK coatings industry’s Net Zero Roadmap awarded Publication of the Year at the 2024 Trad...
Associative thickeners are typically offered as aqueous solutions and require the addition of a number of raw materials, including biocides that prevent microbial contamination. The case is different with solid associative thickeners which usually come in powder form. The drawback of their being powdery, however, is that dust is released during processing, so that increased occupational safety measures, such as the use of dust masks, may be required.
In this BYK anniversary year, the new associative thickeners RHEOBYK-7650, RHEOBYK-7670, and RHEOBYK-7690 solve many of these problems. All three products are solid additives in a unique delivery form: They are supplied as flakes that do not tend to form dust and yet are easy to incorporate into the millbase or into the letdown as well as a solution into the formulation. By using the new associative thickeners, the rheology can be adjusted over the entire shear range.
These product highlights will be unveiled to the public for the first time at ECS 2023 where they will be on view at the BYK booth 124 in Hall 3A, as well as in an official product presentation within the exhibition complex.