- Covestro signs first major renewable energy agreement for its US operations
- Toyochem constructs new pilot facility for high-performance polymers in Japan
- Omya extends lightweight fillers portfolio with the acquisition of Bublon
- USA’s Brightland Homes selects PPG as exclusive paint provider for new home builds
- SABIC and global chemical companies sign agreement with TNO for R&D hub for plastic w...
Nouryon, a global speciality chemicals leader, received the 2021 Responsible Care® Merit Award from the Association of International Chemical Manufacturers (AICM) in recognition of Nouryon’s distinguished performance in the fields of sustainability and responsible care in China.
Four Nouryon employees also received 2020 Key Contributor Awards honouring their contributions to industrial policy advocacy and hazardous chemical safety management.
As a signatory to the Responsible Care Global Charter, Nouryon is committed to nurturing a work culture that proactively supports safe chemicals management, protects people and the environment, engages business partners and stakeholders and contributes to sustainability through the development of innovative solutions.
"We are honoured to be recognised for our performance, transparency and involvement in AICM’s sustainability initiatives, principally for our commitment to the environment and continuously improving employee health and safety performance,” said Marcus van Tilborg, Director Integrated Supply Chain Asia Pacific at Nouryon. "As we reflect on the challenges posed by COVID-19, I’m especially proud of the way our team reacted to protect our people, our communities and the environment, while advancing our ambitious sustainability agenda.”
To meet the Responsible Care Merit Award requirements, Nouryon’s eight manufacturing facilities in China conducted annual self-assessments supported by improvement plans and internal audits. In China and globally, Nouryon’s safety and environmental performance has demonstrated continuous growth and improvement in recent years.
"Our operational excellence and our focus on growth and customer satisfaction align with our sustainability ambitions,” said Sobers Sethi, Senior Vice President Emerging Markets and China at Nouryon. "Nouryon’s recognition by the AICM is a testament to the entire team in China who actively implements Responsible Care principles every day.”
The Nouryon employees honoured with 2020 Key Contributor Awards are:
- Dong Xie, Legal & Compliance Director Asia
- Brooks Yu, Senior Product Safety & Regulatory Affairs Advocacy Manager
- Gary Gao, Health, Safety, Environment and Security Manager Asia
- Jing Ge, Communications Manager Emerging Markets and China
Responsible Care is a global initiative by the chemical industry to enhance and improve the industry’s environmental, health, safety and security performance. Nouryon also recently received 14 awards from the American Chemistry Council in recognition of its commitment to keeping employee health and safety at the forefront of its operations.