- Covestro increases share of renewable power for site in Belgium
- Yorkshire linseed paint manufacturer expands with move to new premises as demand soars
- IMCD Australia and New Zealand strengthen its coatings and construction business with the ...
- Johnstone’s Paint brand by PPG announces long-term partnership with World Snooker To...
- Henkel signs agreement to acquire Seal for Life Industries
Nouryon (formerly AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals) has started production of Butanox, one of its methyl ethyl ketone peroxide (MEKP) product lines, at its site in Pasadena, Texas, providing a local supply source and enabling a better service for customers in the North American market.
Nouryon introduced its Butanox-branded peroxides to North America in 2018.
They are used for curing thermoset resins, coatings and composite materials for products ranging from surfboards and car parts to wind turbine blades and chemical storage tanks.
"Butanox is the benchmark for producing glass fibre reinforced products and its success in Europe and Asia has also generated interest for the product with customers in North America,” said Johan Landfors, Managing Director Polymer Chemistry at Nouryon.
"We needed to start production here to satisfy growing customer demand and we are poised to expand production capacity to support our customers.”
Nouryon now produces MEKPs at sites in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, close to customers in all regions.
The Pasadena project is the latest in a series of investments by Nouryon to better serve and grow with its customers in the polymer market.
For example, the company recently expanded its offering in North America with the launch of emulsion-based organic peroxides.