- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
- IChemE celebrates 2023 Global Awards winners
- Flint Group puts EkoCure® Dual Cure technology in the spotlight at Labelexpo Asia 2023
In response to the excellent acceptance of its heat resistant Yellow Iron Oxide Nubifer Y-7050, launched two years ago, Nubiola has recently made a significant investment to triple its production capacity.
Nubifer Y-7050 was designed to fulfil the need for high temperature stable, weatherable, yellow pigments for plastics and powder, coil and stoving coatings. Conventional yellow iron oxides withstand 190ºC (5min) whilst its proprietary encapsulation technology makes Nubifer Y-7050 remain stable up to 260ºC (5min).
The encapsulation consists of a very thin, effective layer made only out of inorganic compounds; it improves the heat fastness of the pigment by preventing water from being released in the hydrated iron oxide form, ie goethite (yellow), so that the anhydride iron oxide form, ie hematite (red), is not generated and the yellow colour remains as is.