- IMCD appoints Dorthe Mikkelsen as member of the Supervisory Board
- EkoCure® Dual Cure ink puts Flint Group and All4Labels on shared path to success
- Advancion launches new multifunctional etheramine for waterborne industrial coatings syste...
- IMCD China enters the lubricants market with the acquisition of Guangzhou RBD Chemical
- AkzoNobel and Kansai Paint mutually agree not to proceed with African transaction
Omnova Solutions announced the completion of a major capabilities expansion at its Le Havre, France manufacturing facility, which will enable the company to increase its capacity to produce speciality acrylic resins for waterborne coatings. This multi-million Euro expansion features semi-continuous polymerisation and builds upon Omnova’s existing capabilities for acrylic water-based chemistries in the USA, in order to enhance regional service to customers in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
"We are seeing increased market demand for water-based coating solutions, particularly in Europe. This investment in new capabilities at our Le Havre site demonstrates our commitment to growing with our global customers with quality manufacturing and regional supply,” said Jim Hohman, President of Omnova Solutions’ Performance Chemicals division. "There is the added benefit of being close to our Villejust, France technology centre, where much of our coatings development work is done.”