- PPG completes Colorful Communities project in Shildon, UK
- ITN Business and IChemE launch news-style programme, ‘Engineering a Sustainable World’
- Graphene nanotubes revolutionise protective film technology: ultrathin, permanently conduc...
- AkzoNobel graduates first engineers from its training programme
- AkzoNobel and China’s Wuxi El Pont exploring use of electron beams to cure coatings
Omya has announced a temporary surcharge on its calcium carbonate products in Europe with immediate effect.
With the escalation of the geopolitical situation, Omya has immediately taken measures to ensure business continuity. While it is impossible to predict every potential crisis scenario, Omya Supply Chain Teams across Europe keep closely monitoring the situation. Thanks to the Group’s strong production footprint, its numerous, strategically spread logistics assets and a reliable distribution network, Omya is confident it is well prepared to mitigate, as best as possible, any production and delivery disruptions.
However, due to this crisis situation, Omya is highly exposed to further unprecedented escalations in costs of electricity, oil, diesel, fuel, raw materials, chemicals and logistics.
The magnitude of these impacts cannot be absorbed and requires the company to implement temporary surcharges with immediate effect. They will be adjusted according to the ongoing cost developments and cancelled as soon as the situation allows.
These temporary surcharges are implemented in addition to the previously announced price increases which had become necessary to mitigate the significant cost inflation the industry has faced over the past months.