- H.B. Fuller Company Acquires Continental Products Limited
- A first for Clariant, as it chooses renewable raw materials for its high-performance pigme...
- Toyo Ink America expands laminating ink and adhesive lineup for multilayer packaging
- Toyo Ink sets up JV with Yabang
- Philippine NGO discovers more spray paints with dangerously high lead content
Oxea Advanced Derivatives first oxo derivatives plant in Nanjing Industrial Chemical Park, China, has successfully passed the planning stage and construction is under way.
Oxea expects the plant to be mechanically complete at the end of 2013. The site will serve the fast-growing demand for oxo derivatives in China and Asia. Oxo derivatives are key ingredients and are used in nearly all sectors of China’s economy, including automotive, construction, cosmetics, pharmaceutical and personal care products.
"China is the main growth engine for the Asia Pacific region,” said Miguel Mantas, Executive Board member for Marketing and Sales. "Thanks to the favourable strategic location of our new plant we will be able to better serve our customers in the region and at the same time further strengthen Oxea’s leading global market position. Initially the Oxea Nanjing plant will produce specialty esters, phthalate-free plasticisers and other oxo derivatives for the local market. But we already have plans for new investments into the plant – along with sufficient space and resources to implement future expansions at Nanjing,” he continued.