- IMCD appoints Dorthe Mikkelsen as member of the Supervisory Board
- EkoCure® Dual Cure ink puts Flint Group and All4Labels on shared path to success
- Advancion launches new multifunctional etheramine for waterborne industrial coatings syste...
- IMCD China enters the lubricants market with the acquisition of Guangzhou RBD Chemical
- AkzoNobel and Kansai Paint mutually agree not to proceed with African transaction
Oxea has announced that its speciality esters plant in Nanjing, China, is now mechanically complete. After a construction period of slightly more than 15 months the new state-of-the-art plant is currently in the commissioning and start-up phase.
The plant is Oxea’s first production site in Asia. It will complement Oxea’s three existing speciality esters plants in Europe and will boost Oxea’s global production capacity for speciality esters by 40%. Speciality esters are used to manufacture a large variety of industrial products for, among others, the automotive, architectural and medical sectors.
"With the start-up of the new plant we will be able to serve our customers in China and the Asia Pacific region better and will at the same time strengthen Oxea’s leading global market position further,” said Miguel Mantas, Oxea’s Executive Board member and globally responsible for Oxea’s commercial activities. "In view of rising customer demand, it is important to note that here in Nanjing we will have sufficient space and infrastructure to implement further expansions, also for other product lines,” he continued. Joe Zou, MD of Oxea China Ltd, added: "It is ideally located at the Nanjing Chemical Industry Park, an important chemical industry base in China. Situated at the Yangtze River, the premises offer an existing base of large chemical companies, excellent infrastructure and access to well-educated human resources."