- Evonik acquires silica business of JM Huber for US$630M
- BASF launches new bio-based Polyol for VOC-free* 2K PU applications
- Jotun increases prices for marine-, protective- and powder coatings.
- AkzoNobel no longer intends to acquire Tikkurila
- PPG completes US$19M WB automotive coatings production line in Wuhu
Excalibur Paint and Coatings Ltd has announced the granting of a patent for its 2K waterborne isocyanate-free coating system designed for use as a DTM topcoat in heavy duty industrial applications where gloss retention, chemical and corrosion resistance are a primary requirement.
The waterborne acrylic epoxy composition has <50g/l VOC and contains no isocyanates, providing a high performing alternative for applications where handling of and exposure to isocyanates is prohibited and/or must be highly avoided. The coating can be applied in thicknesses ranging from 2mm to approximately 16mm and cures without foaming even at high film builds.