- Do more for less with Intelli-ion®: Elevating anti-corrosion coatings with low loadings
- Innovative polycarbonates for lighting and building technology
- Maximising corrosion protection and preservation at grease points
- PPG to review strategic alternatives for architectural coatings business in the USA and Ca...
- UK coatings industry’s Net Zero Roadmap awarded Publication of the Year at the 2024 Trad...
The Perstorp Group, a world leader in speciality chemicals, showcased its new Neopentyl Glycol (Neo) and innovative Capa polyols for PU coatings & stoving enamels at last month’s ChinaCoat. Considerable investments have been made into a new Neo plant at Zibo, Shandong Province, China to support the growing demand for powder coatings in the country. The investments are part of Perstorp’s long-standing commitment to China and to the Chinese coating customers.
Fully operational, the investment represents a triumph of Chinese and Swedish engineering not only in the production of high quality Neo but in terms of plant and environmental safety.
"Neo is a sustainable solution and an essential glycol for durable high-quality powder polyesters. The rapid expansion in powder coating applications across a wide range of industries, especially in China, means that we can now support our Chinese coating customers with locally supplied Neo,” said Mats Olofsson, Regional Head North East Asia.
Perstorp also presented its range of environmentally friendly products for coatings, such as Voxtar, the world’s first renewable pentaerythritol, as well as building block PUD technologies, such as Ymer, Capa and Oxymer.