- IMCD appoints Dorthe Mikkelsen as member of the Supervisory Board
- EkoCure® Dual Cure ink puts Flint Group and All4Labels on shared path to success
- Advancion launches new multifunctional etheramine for waterborne industrial coatings syste...
- IMCD China enters the lubricants market with the acquisition of Guangzhou RBD Chemical
- AkzoNobel and Kansai Paint mutually agree not to proceed with African transaction
Perstorp, a world leader in speciality chemicals, has announced the acquisition of the pentaerythritol, penta and calcium formate businesses, related technology and certain assets from Chemko a.s. Stražske, a Slovakian chemicals producer. It does not include the manufacturing plant in Stražske, Slovakia, any real estate or employees. For Perstorp, this is part of an ambitious investment plan to increase its polyol production.
The polyalcohol penta is used in applications such as alkyd resins, PVC stabilisers, synthetic lubricants, varnishes and other products.
Perstorp is now producing penta in three different production plants in Germany, the USA and Sweden.