- Lanxess increases prices for adipic acid
- BASF’s financial strength supports proposed stable dividend of €3.40 per share for the...
- AkzoNobel transforms town in Pakistan with the power of paint
- BASF Coatings signs global preferred partnership agreement with INEOS Automotive for its g...
- Wacker’s polysilicon production successfully certified to IATF 16949
PPG Industries announced that it and its subsidiary, PPG Industries Colombia, have completed the acquisition of the coatings businesses of Colpisa Colombiana de Pinturas and its affiliates, including Colpisa Ecuador.
In acquiring Colpisa, PPG becomes the only major coatings supplier with a direct automotive OEM coatings manufacturing presence in Colombia. Colpisa has been a technology licensee of PPG automotive OEM coatings since 1996 and a distributor of PPG automotive refinish products since 2004. PPG now operates Colpisa’s coatings manufacturing facility in Itagüí, Colombia, which employs about 315 people.
Colpisa was founded in 1973 and manufactures and distributes coatings for OEM and automotive refinish customers.