- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
- IChemE celebrates 2023 Global Awards winners
- Flint Group puts EkoCure® Dual Cure technology in the spotlight at Labelexpo Asia 2023
PPG Industries’ industrial coatings business has introduced Duranar GR and Coraflon GR coatings, which feature a clear, graffiti-resistant barrier over the pigmented colour layer of the coating. If the coating is spray-painted or otherwise marred, it can be cleaned by applying Duraprep Prep 400 graffiti remover by PPG. After the solution has been allowed to dwell on the stain for 10-60sec, it can be wiped with a clean cloth or scrubbed with a nylon brush. Most stains can be removed in 10min or less.
When applied on either Duranar GR or Coraflon GR clear coatings, Duraprep Prep 400 field-applied graffiti remover eradicates graffiti as well as paint overspray, pen and marker ink, scuff marks, tape residue, tar and other substances that mar the appearance of buildings. It is believed to be the only graffiti-resistant coating system sold and tested by the same company.
Duranar GR coatings are available in a variety of low and medium glosses; Coraflon GR coatings are for high-gloss applications.