- IMCD appoints Dorthe Mikkelsen as member of the Supervisory Board
- EkoCure® Dual Cure ink puts Flint Group and All4Labels on shared path to success
- Advancion launches new multifunctional etheramine for waterborne industrial coatings syste...
- IMCD China enters the lubricants market with the acquisition of Guangzhou RBD Chemical
- AkzoNobel and Kansai Paint mutually agree not to proceed with African transaction
PPG has launched the PPG Sustainability CO₂NCEPT™ system, a suite of products, processes, digital tools and consulting services designed to help body shops reduce energy, waste and greenhouse gas emissions throughout the automotive repair process.
“Like many industries, there is immense pressure for body shops to reduce their environmental footprint and decrease energy use given the recent dramatic increase in energy costs,” said Jerome Zamblera, PPG Vice President, Automotive Refinish, Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). “Through the launch of the PPG Sustainability CO₂NCEPT system, PPG recognises an opportunity to better partner with customers and support the demand for sustainable solutions that improve energy efficiency and reduce carbon emissions.”
The PPG Sustainability CO₂NCEPT offering includes:
- Consulting and training services, which can help body shops identify the activities that consume the greatest energy and generate the most significant amount of carbon emissions. The PPG team will evaluate alternatives that could deliver lower emissions and generate potential cost savings for the shop through:
- Spray booth efficiency
- Product selection
- Repair process improvements
- Air-drying primers and clearcoats that can reduce energy consumption by up to 65% compared to traditional oven-cured coatings.
- Primers applied via rollers and air dried, which offer energy savings of up to 95% by replacing a spray gun within a spray booth.
- Ultraviolet (UV)-cured primers for small repairs that can provide energy savings of up to 85% and shorter processing times.
PPG also offers innovative digital solutions to support customer sustainability, including:
- The PPG LINQ™ end-to-end digital ecosystem, which can help body shops achieve a 15% productivity improvement compared to traditional repair methods.
- The PPG MOONWALK™ automated paint mixing system, which can reduce the carbon footprint from basecoat emissions by up to 9%. More precise measuring and the elimination of human error results in reduced paint consumption and emissions, and less wasted product.
- PPG VISUALIZID™ software, which helps users find the best colour variant from PPG’s extensive colour library when connected with PPG’s camera-equipped spectrophotometers (PPG RAPIDMATCH™ XI and PPG DIGIMATCH™ tools). This digital solution eliminates the need for painters to use spray out panels to test colour match, further eliminating waste.