- Covestro signs first major renewable energy agreement for its US operations
- Toyochem constructs new pilot facility for high-performance polymers in Japan
- Omya extends lightweight fillers portfolio with the acquisition of Bublon
- USA’s Brightland Homes selects PPG as exclusive paint provider for new home builds
- SABIC and global chemical companies sign agreement with TNO for R&D hub for plastic w...
PPG Kansai Automotive Finishes (PKAF), PPG’s joint venture with Kansai Paint, has received the Nissan 2017 Regional Monozukuri Spirit Award from the Nissan Group of North America for the second consecutive year.
The award recognises suppliers for their exceptional use of philosophies and processes related to ‘Monozukuri’ – the spirit of striving for manufacturing excellence associated with Nissan’s collaborative strategy of working closely with suppliers to increase quality and reduce cost through continuous improvement.
PKAF was one of four suppliers, and the only coatings company, to earn the honour based on 2016 fiscal-year performance during the regional carmaker’s annual supplier conference in Nashville, Tennessee.
"PKAF is proud to be recognised with the Monozukuri Spirit Award for the second consecutive year, which is a testament to our ability to identify ways to continuously improve quality, reduce costs and ultimately, benefit customers,” said Tom Greenwood, President, PPG Kansai Automotive Finishes.
"We’re excited to see what future innovations develop from this strong partnership.”
PPG Kansai Automotive Finishes is a joint venture of PPG and Kansai Paint that sells automotive coatings, adhesives and sealants to global original equipment manufacturers, primarily Japanese automakers with manufacturing operations in North America and Europe.