- IMCD appoints Dorthe Mikkelsen as member of the Supervisory Board
- EkoCure® Dual Cure ink puts Flint Group and All4Labels on shared path to success
- Advancion launches new multifunctional etheramine for waterborne industrial coatings syste...
- IMCD China enters the lubricants market with the acquisition of Guangzhou RBD Chemical
- AkzoNobel and Kansai Paint mutually agree not to proceed with African transaction
PPG has launched PPG DP7000 Air-Dry Primer and a range of dedicated ancillaries across automotive refinish markets in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). PPG DP7000 primer saves bodyshops time and energy thanks to fast air drying, helping to increase productivity and profitability and reduce environmental impact.
PPG DP7000 Air-Dry Primer is a premium two-pack acrylic primer that is fully compliant with European VOC regulations. It is suitable for use with PPG ENVIROBASE® High Performance basecoats, PPG DELTRON® Progress UHS topcoat and all other PPG topcoat systems. It dries up to twice as fast as competing air-dry technologies and works in all humidity conditions. Baking or infrared curing can be also carried out when air drying is not appropriate.
“Air-drying processes have the potential to generate substantial energy savings for bodyshops and repair centres,” said Valentina Chiappa, Product Manager EMEA, Automotive Refinish. “The advanced acrylic technology in PPG DP7000 Air Dry Primer means that it dries rapidly and is completely unaffected by humidity, so users can achieve excellent results whatever the humidity in their region. It can also be successfully applied in varying temperature conditions thanks to a range of ancillaries launched alongside the core product.”
PPG DP7000 Air-Dry Primer is available in three grey shades to allow optimisation of the topcoat colour. It is easy to prepare, mix and apply, and offers flexible dry film thickness and superior sanding properties.
For more information about PPG DP7000 Air-Dry Primer, visit ppgrefinish.com.