- Do more for less with Intelli-ion®: Elevating anti-corrosion coatings with low loadings
- Innovative polycarbonates for lighting and building technology
- Maximising corrosion protection and preservation at grease points
- PPG to review strategic alternatives for architectural coatings business in the USA and Ca...
- UK coatings industry’s Net Zero Roadmap awarded Publication of the Year at the 2024 Trad...
PPG Industries has announced that it has signed a memorandum of understanding with Henan Billions Chemicals Co Ltd, by which PPG will license certain chloride-based technologies to Billions for use at Billions’ titanium dioxide (TiO2) refinement facilities in China. In addition, PPG has signed a long-term purchase agreement for TiO2 with Billions. Commercial terms of the agreements and license proceeds from Billions to PPG were not disclosed.
PPG intends to use the chloride-based TiO2 manufactured by Billions for various end-use applications, including paints and other coatings. The TiO2 will also be available for sale to third parties.
"This agreement with Billions provides further evidence of PPG’s commitment to utilise our existing expertise to expand and secure additional global supply of TiO2,” said Charles F Kahle II, PPG CTO and VP, Coatings Research and Development. PPG previously manufactured TiO2 using the chloride process at its chemicals facility in Natrium, W Va, USA.