- Sika expands production for adhesives and sealants in India and opens technology centre
- Cytec to divest its coating resins business to Advent International
- Polymer production plant installed
- The BCF and OCCA form alliance
- AkzoNobel and Cruyff Foundation give sporting chance to disabled children in Brazil
PPG Industries has announced that it has signed a memorandum of understanding with Henan Billions Chemicals Co Ltd, by which PPG will license certain chloride-based technologies to Billions for use at Billions’ titanium dioxide (TiO2) refinement facilities in China. In addition, PPG has signed a long-term purchase agreement for TiO2 with Billions. Commercial terms of the agreements and license proceeds from Billions to PPG were not disclosed.
PPG intends to use the chloride-based TiO2 manufactured by Billions for various end-use applications, including paints and other coatings. The TiO2 will also be available for sale to third parties.
"This agreement with Billions provides further evidence of PPG’s commitment to utilise our existing expertise to expand and secure additional global supply of TiO2,” said Charles F Kahle II, PPG CTO and VP, Coatings Research and Development. PPG previously manufactured TiO2 using the chloride process at its chemicals facility in Natrium, W Va, USA.