- USA’s Brightland Homes selects PPG as exclusive paint provider for new home builds
- SABIC and global chemical companies sign agreement with TNO for R&D hub for plastic w...
- Covestro tackles maximum efficiency in urban mobility
- PPG opens US$30M battery pack application centre in China
- PPG opens Color Creation Lab with Chery Automobile in China
PPG has been awarded a five-year, US$78M contract by the US Navy Military Sealift Command (MSC) to provide coatings, solvents and technical services to MSC’s fleet of approximately 125 ships.
PPG’s global supply and service network will ensure the availability and delivery of a range of coatings and services to Military Sealift Command drydocking facilities around the world.
Products will include:
- the PPG PSX™ brand of polysiloxane coatings, which offer excellent durability and aesthetics for exposed steel surfaces;
- PPG AMERCOAT™ 240 epoxy coatings for external surfaces and tanks, combining strong adhesion with resistance to chemically polluted water;
- PPG SIGMAGLIDE™ biocide-free fouling release coatings, a system that enhances hull smoothness to increase fuel economy for ships.
PPG technical service specialists will also be available to provide product selection and application expertise.
"This is a major win for the PPG marine team and showcases the value PPG can bring to customers through its broad range of products and deep expertise,” said Juanjo Ardid, PPG Vice President, Protective and Marine Coatings, USA and Canada.
"By leveraging our global scale and people with expertise in markets around the world, we can partner with customers to deliver value, innovation and practical solutions that make a difference.”
"We are committed to supporting the US Navy MSC and we’re proud of the trust that they continue to place in us,” said Scott Doering, PPG Sales Director, Protective and Marine Coatings, USA.
Established in 1949, the MSC fleet comprises more than 20 classes of ships that provide transportation, combat logistics support and other specialised services to the Department of Defense.
PPG has supported MSC with products and services for more than 10 years.