- USA’s Brightland Homes selects PPG as exclusive paint provider for new home builds
- SABIC and global chemical companies sign agreement with TNO for R&D hub for plastic w...
- Covestro tackles maximum efficiency in urban mobility
- PPG opens US$30M battery pack application centre in China
- PPG opens Color Creation Lab with Chery Automobile in China
PPG Industries Inc has reached a definitive agreement to acquire Alpha Coating Technologies, LLC (Alpha), a manufacturer of powder coatings for light industrial applications and heat sensitive substrates.
The transaction is expected to close in the first quarter of 2020, subject to customary closing conditions.
Financial terms were not disclosed.
Founded in 2000, Alpha focuses on the development, manufacture and sale of powder coatings for light industrial applications; medium density fiberboard and heat sensitive substrates; and toll manufactures powder coatings for metal and light industrial applications.
Alpha employs approximately 35 people at its operations in West Chicago, Illinois.
"Alpha’s best-in-class service, technology and quick turnaround colour matching capabilities will be a strategic complement to PPG,” said Kevin Braun, PPG Vice President, Industrial Coatings, Americas.
"We are pleased to welcome Alpha into the PPG family and continue providing our customers with outstanding products and services.”