- USA’s Brightland Homes selects PPG as exclusive paint provider for new home builds
- SABIC and global chemical companies sign agreement with TNO for R&D hub for plastic w...
- Covestro tackles maximum efficiency in urban mobility
- PPG opens US$30M battery pack application centre in China
- PPG opens Color Creation Lab with Chery Automobile in China
PPG is to acquire The Crown Group, a US based coatings application services business, from High Road Capital Partners and Charter Oak Capital Partners.
The transaction is expected to complete later this year
Financial terms were not disclosed.
Crown is headquartered in Warren, Michigan and is one of the leading component and product finishers in North America.
The company applies coatings to customers’ manufactured parts and assembled products across 11 U.S. sites.
Most of Crown’s facilities, which also provide assembly, warehousing and sequencing services, are located at customer facilities or positioned near customer manufacturing sites.
The company serves manufacturers in automotive, agriculture, construction, heavy truck and alternative energy industries.
"Crown is a leader in coatings application and this acquisition will enhance PPG’s ability to service its original equipment manufacturer customers,” said Viktor Sekmakas, PPG executive vice president.