- Flint Group puts EkoCure® Dual Cure technology in the spotlight at Labelexpo Asia 2023
- New Vink Chemicals production site in Schwerin, Germany
- Hempel A/S celebrates 75-year anniversary of its owner, the Hempel Foundation
- Birla Carbon celebrates the 65th anniversary of its Cubatão Plant in Brazil
- IMCD appoints Dorthe Mikkelsen as member of the Supervisory Board
Protex International has further consolidated its position in the field of speciality additives, which is managed via its Synthron subsidiary, by acquiring USA-based Chartwell International Inc.
Founded in 1991, Chartwell’s expertise is with the promoters of adhesion and bonding, which do not contain silane or volatile organic compounds (VOC). The company offers alternative technologies to silane, which can present problems of stability and hydrolysis.
This new acquisition – now joins with the Protex International Group and will offer high-technology products, which meet current and future regulations, regarding health and safety, ecology and the environment.
Synthron will manage the European business. Both companies will retain separate centres and facilities for R&D, to develop in parallel.