- Covestro signs first major renewable energy agreement for its US operations
- Toyochem constructs new pilot facility for high-performance polymers in Japan
- Omya extends lightweight fillers portfolio with the acquisition of Bublon
- USA’s Brightland Homes selects PPG as exclusive paint provider for new home builds
- SABIC and global chemical companies sign agreement with TNO for R&D hub for plastic w...
Solvay subsidiary Advanced Biochemical Thailand Co Ltd (ABT) has received certification from the Roundtable on Sustainable Biomaterials (RSB) for the production of Epicerol, a bio-based building block for renewable chemicals and resins. The certificate covers the manufacture of bio-based epichlorohydrin (ECH), using Solvay’s innovative technology, from vegetable glycerol derived from biodiesel and oleochemical production.
ABT is the first bio-based chemical operator in Asia to obtain RSB certification.