- Covestro signs first major renewable energy agreement for its US operations
- Toyochem constructs new pilot facility for high-performance polymers in Japan
- Omya extends lightweight fillers portfolio with the acquisition of Bublon
- USA’s Brightland Homes selects PPG as exclusive paint provider for new home builds
- SABIC and global chemical companies sign agreement with TNO for R&D hub for plastic w...
Although Heubach’s history dates back to the 14th Century, it entered the pigment business with the founding of the ‘Goslarer Farbenwerke’ (Goslar Colorants’ Works) in 1806. Today it is one of the leading producers of colour and special pigments, as well as pigment preparations.
International expansion began under the direction of Rainer Heubach, who took over from his father Dr Hans Heubach in 1973, with the founding of Heubach Inc in the USA. The company took further steps towards internationalisation with the founding of Heubach Colour Ltd in India (1994) and the Hangzhou Heubach Pigment Co Ltd in China (2009).
Renowned for its research, Heubach currently has an R&D project working on the intensification of the forward integration in pigment preparations and, in connection with this, the further development of corresponding product lines for the plastics, colourant and paint industries. It also has established an optimised process to increase the production capacity of phthalocyanine crude at its location in India and has built a new plant for producing PB60-crude.