- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
The fifth annual ‘Green Industrial Coatings Asia’ combined fair and symposium was held in Shanghai in October. The focus was set on environmentally friendly coatings systems including the latest developments of binder systems, pigments and additives, which fulfil the criteria to be ‘green’.
Sachtleben received the prestigious ‘Green Raw Material Supplier Award’, for its new functionalised barium sulphate product. Milan Krumbe’s (Sales Director Coatings) speech, ‘A new technology of particle functionalisation and its contribution to green coatings and sustainability,’ addressed concepts and ideas focusing on the three leading cornerstones within the coatings industry: performance, efficiency and sustainability.