- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
- IChemE celebrates 2023 Global Awards winners
- Flint Group puts EkoCure® Dual Cure technology in the spotlight at Labelexpo Asia 2023
Sika is acquiring the business of Klebag Chemie AG, a manufacturer of adhesives for the sealing, bonding and flooring markets. The takeover strengthens Sika’s position in the Swiss interior finishing sector. Last financial year, Klebag generated net sales of CHF12M.
The company has a strong customer base and is known to provide a high standard of customer service, technical support and training.
After the acquisitions of Akzo Nobel’s Building Adhesives business, Everbuild Building Products and Optiroc in 2013, as well as Technokolla in 2011, this represents another step in the strengthening of Sika’s position in the interior finishing sector.
Paul Schuler, Regional Manager EMEA: "This acquisition will provide Sika with a solid platform from which to expand our interior finishing business in the Swiss market, particularly with regard to professional contractors.”