- USA’s Brightland Homes selects PPG as exclusive paint provider for new home builds
- SABIC and global chemical companies sign agreement with TNO for R&D hub for plastic w...
- Covestro tackles maximum efficiency in urban mobility
- PPG opens US$30M battery pack application centre in China
- PPG opens Color Creation Lab with Chery Automobile in China
Sika’s high-performance sealing and bonding solutions enable outstanding architecture to become a reality. One example of this is the Harbin Opera House in Northeast China, which had very special requirements in terms of its construction and the performance of its construction materials.
Recently the cultural landmark project was recognised as one of the world’s best buildings for its outstanding architecture.
The Harbin Opera House is built to withstand hardships. Harbin, also known as ‘Ice City’ or ‘Moscow in the East’, is the capital city of Heilongjiang Province in China and has approximately five million inhabitants. Temperatures range from as low as -40°C in winter up to 40°C in summer. The opera house is located on the north bank of the Songhua River, where the river bed forms various curves due to constant changes in the water level.