- IMCD appoints Dorthe Mikkelsen as member of the Supervisory Board
- EkoCure® Dual Cure ink puts Flint Group and All4Labels on shared path to success
- Advancion launches new multifunctional etheramine for waterborne industrial coatings syste...
- IMCD China enters the lubricants market with the acquisition of Guangzhou RBD Chemical
- AkzoNobel and Kansai Paint mutually agree not to proceed with African transaction
Sika has acquired a manufacturing facility located in South Korea in order to build up a locally produced flooring and coating range. With this additional production capacity, Sika is taking
another step in expanding its supply chain in the Asia/Pacific region.The acquired facility in Gunsan, South Korea, manufactures and distributes flooring and coating
products based on epoxy resins, acrylic emulsions and polyurethane with a workforce of 28 employees.
The additional production capacity, will enable Sika Korea to strengthen its range of locally produced flooring and coating products and expand the production of its complete range of
products. Sika will leverage the distribution channels of the acquired facility with its product range and further expand the network of sales outlets with the enhanced product portfolio.
Heinz Gisel, Regional Manager Asia Pacific: "The capacity and product range expansion in Korea is an important step for Sika in this promising market. Customers can look forward to a greatly expanded range of locally manufactured products tailored specifically to the local market requirements.”