- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
Sika has made a binding offer of CHF 320 million to acquire the Building Adhesives Business of the Dutch company AkzoNobel. With annual sales of CHF 228 million, AkzoNobel Building Adhesives is a top-three player in its core European markets and employs 550 people. With this acquisition, Sika will increase its product offering for interior finishing in the Flooring, Sealing & Bonding and Refurbishment markets. The transaction is expected to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2013.
The Building Adhesives Business of AkzoNobel has a strong focus on the premium segment through its leading brands Schönox, Cégécol, Casco, Synteko and EriKeeper. With two production sites in Germany and France and a pan-European distribution network with nine distribution centers, it supplies its customers with successful and highly innovative products.