- Vattenfall and BASF to partner on German offshore wind farms Nordlicht 1 and 2
- AkzoNobel Powder Coatings partners with coatingAI to explore new frontiers in sustainabili...
- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
As a global company with Swiss roots, Sika is demonstrating its commitment to Zurich by investing CHF60M in a state-of-the-art laboratory and office building, as well as the necessary infrastructure to accommodate further employees. The new ‘Limmat’ building will have capacity for a total of 300 employees. Work is scheduled for completion by autumn 2016. Sika plans to bring together 200 existing employees from other Sika branches, as well as create new jobs. This means that some 830 people will be working at Sika in Zurich by 2016.
Within the company, the branch holds a leading position in research and development as well as the production of adhesives and sealants for automotive applications. Furthermore, Zurich is also home to key corporate functions and the marketing organisation.