- Covestro signs first major renewable energy agreement for its US operations
- Toyochem constructs new pilot facility for high-performance polymers in Japan
- Omya extends lightweight fillers portfolio with the acquisition of Bublon
- USA’s Brightland Homes selects PPG as exclusive paint provider for new home builds
- SABIC and global chemical companies sign agreement with TNO for R&D hub for plastic w...
Sika achieved highly dynamic growth in Q1, 2015, thereby making a strong start to the year despite the very high sales growth in the reference period (2014: 23.3%). At constant exchange rates, sales rose by 5.1% to CHF1.195bn. Gains in all regions contributed to this impressive performance, with North and Latin America even posting double-digit growth. In terms of CHF, Q1 sales fell slightly by 0.9%. Negative currency effects stemming from the strength of the CHF amounted to 6.0%. Sales in EMEA grew by 1.1% on the back of double-digit growth rates in Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East. By contrast, demand from the Western European markets was at a lower level than in the very strong prior-year period.
The strongest growth was seen in the regions Latin and North America, at 17.0% and 10.7% respectively.