- Annual review: PPCJ’s 2023 global coatings market update
- UK market report: Sustainability is key to industry future
- Choosing paint: The difference between Baby Boomers and Generations X, Y and Z
- The rising tide: Specialty coatings market set to surpass US$4.6bn by 2032
- Market report: Automotive coatings in Pakistan
Mark Rowe reports on Singapore’s paint sector and how it has recovered from the COVID-19 pandemic
Even highly efficient, cautious Singapore has struggled to weather the COVID-19 pandemic – and the same can be said of its paints and coatings industry, which has seen plenty of upheavals in the past 18 months. Before the arrival of COVID-19, the sector appeared poised to emerge from the doldrums that had seen market growth of just 1.5% in 2018 – but that soon changed. “During 2020 and 2021, the paints and coatings industry has been experiencing huge ups and down due to the negative impact of COVID-19 on the construction industry,” said Mahendra Chahar, Senior Consultant, Chemicals, Materials & Nutrition, Frost & Sullivan.
Read the full report here: Singapore 2022