- PPG to highlight graffiti-resistant coatings at AIA National Conference and Expo
- Novel road surfaces could be key to living with climate change
- Nippon Paint goes to the movies
- BASF Plastic Additives Middle East appoints new Managing Director for Bahrain
- Covestro aims to halve carbon dioxide emissions by 2025
BYK-Gardner – worldwide partner of the automotive, paint and plastic industries for quality control of colour, appearance and physical properties – has announced the software smart-lab for colour and effect analysis in the laboratory.
Colour and effect control in the laboratory requires both open and flexible data analysis and efficient data handling of large data sets. The software smart-lab analyses all data measured with the BYK-mac: 6-angle colour, sparkle and graininess. The measurements are taken in an online mode and instantly displayed after measurement or can be retrieved from the linked database (sdf-format for efficient data analysis of large data sets).
Smart-lab’s comprehensive ‘Standard Management’ module can be used to set up the colour difference method and tolerances. Connect the BYK-mac with the PC, measure the master panel, apply the respective tolerances and compare the actual samples against the standard. Results are automatically shown in a data table and graph. Based on the tolerances, the values will be marked Red – Yellow – Green like a ‘traffic light’ Pass/Fail analysis.