- PPG completes Colorful Communities project in Shildon, UK
- ITN Business and IChemE launch news-style programme, ‘Engineering a Sustainable World’
- Graphene nanotubes revolutionise protective film technology: ultrathin, permanently conduc...
- AkzoNobel graduates first engineers from its training programme
- AkzoNobel and China’s Wuxi El Pont exploring use of electron beams to cure coatings
Sun Chemical will increase prices across selected parts of its pigments, dyes and preparations portfolio, effective February 14, 2022 or as contracts allow. The price increase affects all market segments.
Continuous inflationary pressure and further price spikes for key raw materials continue to drive cost increases. Additionally, the strong impact of the global transportation crisis and inflation on the different components of the manufacturing process are worsening the situation.
"We need to take this action due to the current market conditions," said Stefan Sütterlin, President of Sun Chemical’s Color Materials division. "Sun Chemical values the relationship we have with our business partners, and we remain committed to continuous cost and productivity improvement programs designed to keep our cost drivers under control and provide maximum value to our customers. However, the unprecedented magnitude and speed of increases in materials forces us to pass on higher cost to our customers.”
Sun Chemical will communicate specific increases directly with its customers. Customers with questions can reach out to their local Sun Chemical sales representative.