- Do more for less with Intelli-ion®: Elevating anti-corrosion coatings with low loadings
- Innovative polycarbonates for lighting and building technology
- Maximising corrosion protection and preservation at grease points
- PPG to review strategic alternatives for architectural coatings business in the USA and Ca...
- UK coatings industry’s Net Zero Roadmap awarded Publication of the Year at the 2024 Trad...
Synthomer continues its expansion and investment plans in Asia with a strong focus on China. Following the establishment of Shanghai Synthomer Chemicals Co Ltd in 2011, the company has now started work on its technical centre for the Chinese market.
The 1300m2 facility will be situated in Zhangjiang Runhe International Office Garden, a well-established technology park, which is located in the core area of Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park, Shanghai. The facility will serve Synthomer’s growing team in China housing offices and application laboratories and will start operations in September.
Dan Yang, GM China said: "The state-of-the-art application laboratories will be equipped to adapt our product range, which is one of the broadest in the market, to the needs of the Chinese customers specifically in the field of coatings and construction materials, technical textiles, adhesives, coated paper and board.In all of these industrial segments our company holds No 1 to 3 positions in Europe and provides leading technology to its customers, which is based on a long experience in emulsion polymers and applications know-how.”