- Annual review: PPCJ’s 2023 global coatings market update
- UK market report: Sustainability is key to industry future
- Choosing paint: The difference between Baby Boomers and Generations X, Y and Z
- The rising tide: Specialty coatings market set to surpass US$4.6bn by 2032
- Market report: Automotive coatings in Pakistan
As the world gets to grips with the upheaval caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, Douglas Bohn, Orr & Boss Consulting Incorporated, gives an overview of the global coatings market
Like all industries and facets of our life, the global coatings industry has been upended by the COVID-19 pandemic. What started out as a reasonably strong year with modest growth predicted has been transformed into a year with uneven growth throughout the year, affecting both geographical regions and industry segments. Generally speaking, at Orr & Boss we are expecting the overall global coatings industry to show a modest decline of about 2% in volume and 1% in value in 2020 but those overall numbers hide some significant differentials among the various segments of the global coatings industry.
Read the full report here: Global coatings report 2020