- BrandFinance releases top 25 chemicals companies for 2023
- Acceptance and use cases for autonomous vehicles differ greatly among major automotive mar...
- East Africa: Kenya pushes ahead as east Africa’s paint sector powerhouse
- Road marking paints and coatings market uplifted by rising urbanisation and surge in infra...
- North Africa: Egypt and Tunisia hold long-term promise for paint and coatings sector
As the world gets to grips with the upheaval caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, Douglas Bohn, Orr & Boss Consulting Incorporated, gives an overview of the global coatings market
Like all industries and facets of our life, the global coatings industry has been upended by the COVID-19 pandemic. What started out as a reasonably strong year with modest growth predicted has been transformed into a year with uneven growth throughout the year, affecting both geographical regions and industry segments. Generally speaking, at Orr & Boss we are expecting the overall global coatings industry to show a modest decline of about 2% in volume and 1% in value in 2020 but those overall numbers hide some significant differentials among the various segments of the global coatings industry.
Read the full report here: Global coatings report 2020