- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
The Shepherd Color Company has promoted Dr Joel Houmes to R&D Manager. Dr Houmes has been an R&D Chemist at Shepherd Color since 1996 after earning his PhD in inorganic chemistry from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Joel’s promotion succeeds the retirement of Dr Geoffrey Peake, who was with Shepherd Color for 33 years.
In Joel’s 25 years with the Company, he has developed several new products ensuring Shepherd Color’s superiority in the market, and has helped in improving and optimising R&D processes. In recent years, Joel has been extremely involved in the optimisation of, and search for new additives for laser direct structuring (LDS). In his role as R&D Manager, Joel will oversee the R&D laboratory and staff to create new and optimise current pigments that support colour, functional, and other properties for a wide range of applications.
Shepherd Color has more than 90 years of experience developing, optimising, and manufacturing an extraordinary range of complex inorganic colour pigments used in high-performance paints, coatings, plastics, glass enamels and other applications.